P2PNS (Peer-to-Peer Name Service) is a distributed name service using a peer-to-peer network. The current focus of P2PNS is to provide a secure and efficient SIP name resolution for decentralized VoIP (P2PSIP). P2PNS is developed at the Institute of Telematics at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).
The P2PNS architecture is described in the paper P2PNS: A secure distributed name service for P2PSIP (slides) and in the internet draft draft-baumgart-p2psip-p2pns-00.
Good Starting Points
- P2pnsFeatures -- Already available and planned P2PNS features
- P2pnsDownload -- Download P2PNS on this page
- P2pnsGuide -- Starting point for P2PNS documentation
- MailingList -- Join the mailing list for user and developer discussions
- P2pnsPublications -- Publications related to P2PNS
- P2pnsTeam -- The core developers of P2PNS
- P2pnsLicense -- The P2PNS license